Orlando took what appeared to be a comfortable lead early in the fourth quarter when Hill hit Josh Bush on fourth down to put the Preds up 49-35. Hill finished 24 of 37 passing for 323 yards and eight touchdowns. He also rushed for 30 yards and another score in the win.
Tampa Bay scored two quick touchdowns in the third quarter to tie the game at 35-all before Hill answered with a toss to T.T. Toliver that went for a score on the very next play from scrimmage. The Preds extended the lead even further after Rayshaun Kizer intercepted a Brian Zbyoniewski pass, the third turnover of the game for Tampa Bay.
T.T. Toliver returned to field after missing two games to injury and finished with nine catches for 140 yards and three touchdowns for Orlando.
Orlando got out to a 63-55 lead with 1:57 to play, but the only miscue on the night for Hill ended in an interception that allowed Tampa Bay to claw within two points before time ran out on the comeback for the Storm.
Travis Coleman forced a fumble and intercepted a pass to help limit Tampa Bay to just three scores in the first half. The Preds led 35-21 at the break.
Orlando hosts Cleveland next Saturday.
Check OrlandoPredators.com for more to come on the game.
- Russell Athletic Offensive Player of the Game: T.T. Toliver (ORL)
- Riddell Defensive Player of the Game: Travis Coleman (ORL)
- JLS Ironman of the Game: Josh Bush (ORL)
- Cutters Catch of the Game: Bobby Sippio (ORL- 4th quarter catch in endzone)
- NIFTY Playmaker of the Game: Michael Lindsey (TB)
- Spalding Highlight of the Game: Lindsey (TB) Kickoff return for a touchdown
- National Guard MVP of the Game: Nick Hill (ORL)